search this blog

3.21.2013

guilt free blended coffee

I would love to walk into Starbucks everyday and order a grande caramel frappuccino without feeling guilty about the money I'm spending and the empty calories I'm drinking. They are like heaven in a cup. Seriously. 

When I was in search of a "homemade" blended coffee drink I wasn't impressed with anything I found. I'm picky. One day, I came up with this random concoction and I love it. It's yummy and coffee-y without being sickening sweet or pricey. It's also simple (which is key for mornings before work).
_______________________________________________________

Guilt Free Blended Coffee
7-8 frozen coffee ice cubes
1 1/2 cups fat free milk
a pinch of salt
a splash of vanilla extract
1 scoop of Slim Fast "Chocolate Royale" powder


Combine all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
Yields about 16 oz.
Only 252 calories!
_______________________________________________________

Since I've been making these, I always have brewed coffee in the fridge to re-fill my ice cube trays. It's easy to make a big pot of coffee at the beginning of the week and stash it in the fridge for later use.


Also, I've concluded that this is only 252 calories. 

As you can see on the side of the Slim Fast can, 8 oz of milk + 1 scoop of Slim Fast powder is 200 calories. With the addition of another 1/2 cup milk (40 calories), a splash of vanilla extract (1 tsp = 12 calories) and a small amount of brewed coffee (practically 0 calories) we're only up to 252 calories.


Yum! Guilt free goodness to start my day!

Photobucket
[p.s. this post may be linked to any number of these blogs]

5 comments:

  1. may have to try- I love to have a coffee treat every morning, it just gets the day off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am losing weight with the Medifast plan and I have something similar that I do that is around 100 calories. I use one medifast shake mix (dutch chocolate is my favorite), ice cubes (sometimes coffee ice cubes), and hot coffee - no milk, no sugar, no sugar substitutes, etc..., and it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my daughter would LOVE this! I tend to make her coffee floats since we have a keurig thingie. the idea to use slim Fast is clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make coffee ice cubes to blend. I used to work at Starbucks and have blended coffee since, but never thought to freeze the coffee before hand. I'm definitely going to remember this for when the weather warms up...if that ever happens. It's been snowing all weekend! Yuck. I'm ready for some sun! And yummy drinks like your blended coffee! :-) Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!! I'm definitely trying this one. "Healthy" frozen coffee?...yeah!!!
    I'm featuring you today at Think Tank Thursday. Thanks for linking up!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2013/03/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-23.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be answered/responded to by email. Please make sure your email address is linked up to your account so I can reply. Thanks for leaving me some love :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...